THE CONTROVERSIAL CARNIVORE DIET
Hump Day Health Hack with @amysfitnessandnutrition
The Controversial Carnivore Diet. Who doesn’t love BBQ season? What if there was a way you could reach your January health goals and still enjoy this time-honoured kiwi tradition?
The carnivore diet is growing in popularity and can offer a host of benefits. But…it may not be as easy as eating steak for breakfast, lunch & dinner. So here is a brief rundown on the health benefits, why it works, what to watch out for, and how to make it work for you if you want to give it a go!
- Weight Loss
- Mental Clarity
- Lower Inflammation
- Better Heart Health
- Higher Testosterone
- Balances Blood Sugar
Like many diets, the carnivore style of eating cuts out all refined sugar and processed foods. It is also high in vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids, protein, and healthy animal fats. For many, this is a simple way of avoiding a lot of the rubbish chips, cake, and grains our modern diets have come to include.
- Include a range of food: meats, fish, eggs & some cheese
- Eat meat off the bone or drink bone broth for added collagen
- Eat pâté (which includes liver and other organ meats) as an easy way to eat ‘nose to tail’
- Eat good cuts of meat with fat for vitamins like Vitamin D
- Choose wild/grass-fed meat where possible
- Processed Meat (like ready-made burgers)
- Deli-cuts that can contain a lot of preservatives
- Meat that is too lean (animal fat can be very nutrient-dense)
There is a lot to be said about this way of eating and so standby for more to come and feel free to reach out with any questions!
WILL YOU GIVE IT A GO?