HAPPY HEALTHIER EASTER
Updated: Mar 31
Hump Day Health Hack with @amysfitnessandnutrition
It’s that time of the year again! We’ve just about got back on track after Christmas and the New Year and suddenly the shops are full of Easter Treats and every weekend seems to be a long weekend. No complaints from me. But this can be a tricky time of year to stay on track between leftover kids Easter Treats and good old Sunday sessions – Clyde Wine & Food Festival this Sunday anyone?
Let’s get one thing straight. Eating an Easter Egg (or three…no judgement here) isn’t going to kill you. Chocolate is awesome, but combined with other modern sugary treats Easter Weekend can feel like a bit of an overload…topped off with judgemental sideways glances from your friends (or other half) if you try to be sensible and resist. Between all this Easter Weekend can feel like a rollercoaster of indulgence and guilt rather than enjoyment. With this in mind, just in time for Easter here is my favourite new Healthy Treat Recipe that you can enjoy guilt free, and still feel like you’re joining in.
3 INGREDIENT CHOCOLATE BARK
It’s easy to make, looks great and contains 3 natural ingredients. It’s packed with protein, antioxidant rich cocoa, cinnamon that lowers your blood sugar - and tastes delicious.
- Greek Yoghurt
- Cocoa (or Avalanche Sugar Free Hot Chocolate)
- Mix the yoghurt with Cocoa & Cinnamon
- Spread the yoghurt thinly out on to a plate covered with baking paper/gladwrap
- Sprinkle with toppings of choice – I went for lamington inspired desiccated coconut and some chia seeds for extra crunch factor.
- Place in the freezer for a couple of hours (store it there as well)
- Snap & Enjoy!
AMAZING FLAVOUR OPTIONS
Greek Yoghurt Base +
- Central Otago: Chopped Dried Apricots, Nut Butter & Cinnamon
- Raspberry Ripple: Local Honey & Frozen Raspberries
- Fruit & Nut: Cocoa, Goji Berries & Chopped Nuts
- Coffee Lover: Ground Coffee Beans, 95% Dark Chocolate & Cinnamon
- Rocky Road: Cocoa, Sugar Free Marshmallows & Smashed Honeycomb
Think you’ll give it a go? Let me know if you do and be sure to send me your photos. Happy Easter! #eastertreats #healthyeastertreats #humpday #healthhack #easterfun #chocolatebrittle #sugarfreeeaster #yoghurtbrittle #yoghurtbark #highproteintreats #flavourfun